Bespoke Engraving Service
Here at pocketwatch.co.uk we provide a bespoke engraving service on all our pocket watches which are suitable to be engraved. We have a computerised engraving system and our skilled engravers have over 20 years experience.
We offer engraving on the front and back outer cases and also in plain shields. Please note we do not engrave on the inside cases of any of the pocket watches.
How To Add Engraving
It will state on the individual product page whether the pocket watch you have selected is engraveable or not, under product features and the engraving tab.
When you add the Pocket Watch to your basket, you will see an 'Add Engraving' Button, which is where you can insert your message. If it is not engraveable then it will state that here.
Three Fonts to choose from:
(Amerzone Script is not recommended for small areas)
Select your font, type in the message, and the total cost of your engraving will appear at the bottom of the screen. You will also see an example of how the font and enscription looks on the pocket watch, this is however only a very rough guideline, and is mainly to give you an idea of the spacing you have. Our computerised machine will automatically centralise all text on the pocket watch.
It will only ever let you enter the maximum amount of characters for the particular pocket watch you have chosen, so if it is a shield- you may only have 2-3 characters- whereas a plain back you may have 75-100 characters.
The cost of engraving is £6.00 for the first 20 characters, and then charged at 0.25p per character after that.
If your pocket watch is over £100 then your engraving is free of charge.
We also offer a Priority Engraving Service at a cost of £2.95, which can be selected at this stage also. This will prioritise your engraving and push it to the front of our que, and we will dispatch it within 24 hours on a working day. Our standard engraving service is set at 1-3 working days for dispatch.
Engraving Layout & Text Advice
1. Due to the shape of a pocket watch, try to keep the longest line in the centre of your enscription
2. Emphasize major words by putting a capital letter at the start of each one
3. Try and avoid using words such as 'To'.. and 'From'.., it is not a gift card you are writing- it usually looks better on the eye without these words
4. For best results we recommend a well balanced concise inscription, but we are happy to engrave your requirements
5. Engraving the back of a pocket watch keeps it more discreet and does not spoil the pocket watch, we recommend keeping engravings on the front short
1. Once engraved your order cannot be cancelled
2. A refund or exchange is also not possible once engraved
3. We never engrave two different font styles on the same pocket watch
4. We only engrave on the outside front and back cases, inside the case is not a service we offer
5. We reserve the right to make minor changes to the enscription, this maybe due to layout etc, however if we feel that what you have submitted is not acceptable then we will contact you prior to engraving
6. Select Priority engraving for £2.95 in the engraving area and your engraving order will automatically be prioritised for a quicker dispatch, we do aim to dispatch engraved orders the same day but at busy periods it can take up to 3 days
7. If you have any requirements please write them in the engraving comments box on the engraving page, although if they urgent please phone us to ensure we get what you need correct
8. Engravings may not appear exactly as they look on the illustrations
9. All engravings are engraved on our computerized engraving machine, which are automatically centralised
10. We will only engrave our own pocket watches we sell on this website
Please contact us via email or phone 024 7650 1002 if you need any help or advice when it comes to your engraving